Sharm el Sheikh (open all year round)
Location Kite junkies Sharm 12th January 2011 Pictures updated trip.
5 full days kiting 7.30am till 4.30pm
3 days learning to paddle board.
Distance from center to water. MY kites washed and cleaned for departure. Air line to pump kites
service package Paddle boards and chill out area. Looking inshore.
January a nice
Ticking the boxes……where can I go?
· without a long transfer?
· that is warm in the winter?
· to learn to kitesurf with an option of paddleboarding.
· to kitesurf and take a friend to learn, and someone else looks after them?
· and not feel intimidated when asking for help?
· to improve?
· to leave my husband or wife sunning themselves on the beach hassle-free?
· without having to drive there?
· that is easy to fly to?
It’s nice when you……:
· get off the plane and are picked up in your own taxi.
· are at you hotel in 15 minutes.
· have somewhere to store your kit and it’s safe.
· know ‘kite junkies’ is an IKO school and centre.
· know there are showers and toilets on site.
· know you are helped with preparing your kit to get on the water.
· know that a staff member is there to launch and land your kite.
· can get some friendly tips on technique.
· get some good advice on equipment.
· are encouraged and asked how you are getting on.
· see Kevin, Diane and the instructors kiting with you.
· know people are looking out for you.
· have a problem with your kite or bar, and know it can be fixed there, or a solution is at hand.
· know Kevin and Diane have had professional training in repairing kites.
· know he has a well stocked range of the correct repair materials.
· know there are kites and boards to rent and buy.
· have fun, and other people notice
.· have a ‘kitemare’ and it’s shared, and explained.
· pack your kit at the end of your stay and there are willing staff there to help you.
· are remembered when you return.
jonnie eisler has "heard it, seen it and watched it” from guests and friends at Kite Junkies:
· I don’t learn kite surfing this holiday I’m going to give up! ·
· I can’t go upwind by the end of the week I’m taking up golf…
· I don’t learn to jump or improve Im going back to windsurfing…
· she doesn’t learn, that’s it…..
· I could stop drinking so much all inclusive , I would be here early…
· I hadn’t been told that top tip I would never have known how to…..
· you watch you learn so much. ·
· you don’t drink enough water you will dehydrate ·
· you don’t put some sun screen on, you will go pink. ·
· I laugh much more I will cry. ·
· I had come here to learn first, I wouldn’t have wasted so much time. ·
· I can go up wind here in a week - what have I been doing?·
· I’ve improved this much in 4 days, we must come back in March. ·
· I only I knew! She now wants her own kit, the same as Di's - everything has to match, and is designed for girls, and not my old gear - she now knows the difference.
Kevin and Diane are ‘kite junkies’. They will help to make you one too, with their warm hospitality, helpful staff, training and knowledge.
This is where I send people to get their fix.
Also now a great place to start learning to paddle board.